Job Description: Worship/Music Director
Service Title: Worship/Music Director
Ministry Purpose: To develop and lead the worship music ministry for our church, in consultation with the senior pastor and other team members, in a way that is consistent with our mission, values, and theology.
Service Relationships: The Worship Director is directly responsible to the Lead Pastor. The Worship Director may supervise other office assistants or office volunteers.
Hours: Part Time/Bi-vocational
Compensation: $20,000 to $25,000 per year based on experience
Reports to: Lead Pastor
· Select and plan music for Sunday services.
· Participate in the creative planning of the Sunday and special services with the Lead Pastor and other key leaders.
· Recruit, equip, motivate, supervise and shepherd music team leaders and musicians.
· Develop musical teams and ensembles for services.
· Encourage and facilitate congregational singing/engagement
· Direct outreach events into the community via performances at other organizations as appropriate.
· Maintain a strong prayer base for the music ministry.
· Communicate faithfully with the Lead Pastor and staff.
· Participate in the life and ministry of the church.
- Authentic relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
Ability to shepherd volunteer musicians in the Christian life.
Attested musical skills and competence.
Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians and technical team members.
Sense of humor and positive attitude.
Strong team player with the rest of the staff and congregation.
Committed to the church's vision, leadership, and people.
Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
· Ability in wide range of styles including Christian classics (hymns) but with a contemporary music focus.
Ability to lead worship and to train others as individual and team worship leaders.
Instrumentation understanding, possibly plays an instrument