ADMINISTRATIVE/ CHILDREN’S PASTOR
Principal Function: The Administrative/Children’s Pastor is responsible for providing staff support for the overall ministries of the church as well as oversight of the Children’s Ministry of Mt Hermon Baptist Church.
Responsible to: The Pastor
Responsibility of Administrative Pastor:
- Help the Lead Pastor with the shepherding of the members of Mt Hermon. This may include preaching on Sunday mornings, teaching classes, visiting members, and hospital visitation.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the church and church staff. This includes oversee and coordinate with the church staff the planning of the church calendar, vacations, and sick days, approve all activities, newsletter, promotion, reservations, and any repairs and maintenance.
- Monitor and oversee the budget, especially regarding staff and office personnel. Serve as the Staff Liaison to the Finance Committee and help oversee and put together the church budget.
- Organize and evaluate our Missions. This would include communication with our church planters and missionaries, planning mission trips, promotion of missions, and leading our church to pray for missions. This would include the local outreach, national involvement in church planting, and international mission trips.
- Serve as a member of the Church Council.
- Serve as Staff Liaison to the Repairs and Maintenance Committee.
- Oversee the use of the facilities, the contracts, and receipt of money.
- Oversee the Policies and Procedures of the church.
- Oversee the Church Calendar and approve all church activities
- Oversee event scheduling and coordinate with the appropriate committees.
- All other duties as given by the Senior Pastor
Administration of Children’s Ministry.
Responsibility: Plan, coordinate, and evaluate the children’s ministry at Mt Hermon.
Provide direction and leadership of children and their families as a co-laborer in the child’s spiritual development.
- Work together with the Sunday School Director to recruit workers and choose the SS curriculum for Children’s SS Classes.
- Work together with the Student Pastor to develop safe and effective policies and procedures for the Children’s Ministry.
- Oversee and Coordinate the Nursery and Nursery worker’s schedule.
- Be responsible for all supplies and literature needed for Children’s ministry.
- Oversee the AWANA program:
- Oversee the organization of the Good News Club and Vacation Bible School.
- Plan and take the Children to Summer Camp.
- Prepare the annual budget for the Children’s ministries.