The Associate Pastor / Youth Pastor is the primary support person for the Senior Pastor in the overall leadership of the church. This includes assisting with sermon preparation, service planning, and periodic speaking.
The core function of this position will be the oversight and leadership of the Youth Ministry. This includes growing relationships inside the church and expanding the Ministry outside into the community.
Our Youth Group is actively growing and serves 6th through 12th grade.
General job duties include:
- Support the Senior Pastor in the overall leadership of the church.
- Serve as a second / back up speaker to the Senior Pastor with an "emergency sermon" always ready.
- Maintain the current youth as well and expand the Ministry.
- Recruit and develop adult volunteers
- Special event planning (pool parties, movie nights, game nights, etc.)
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
- Must be born again and agree with our church's vision, goals and statement of faith.
- Must have some leadership experience.
- Must have completed a Bachelor's degree in Christian Ministry or something similar.
- Must have been ordained or meet the qualifications for ordination.
- Must have the ability to speak confidently in front of groups.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must commit to membership at SonRise within one year of employment.
- Must work well with others and be able to thrive under the constructive criticism / evaluation of church leadership.
This position could be done full-time or part-time, depending on your interest.
Salary is negotiable based on experience and education.
SonRise @ Pembroke Manor Christian Church is located in Virginia Beach near Town Center. We offer services on both Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings and we are affiliated with the SBCV.
For more information about the church and to read our Statement of Faith, visit our website - www.sonrisevb.church.
If applying from outside the Hampton Roads area, please include a cover letter explaining your relocation plan.