POSITION: Director of Worship
Thank you for considering the position of Director of Worship at Pinecrest Baptist Church. Please review the following information as you pray about God’s next steps for your life and ministry.
Pinecrest Baptist Church exists to honor and glorify God by obeying Jesus' command to make disciples of all people groups. We accomplish this through our Mission and Core Values.
Our Mission is to CONNECT TO CHRIST. We seek to reach our community and beyond with the good news that Jesus saves. (Lk 15, 19:10) We also hope to CONNECT TO CHURCH. We seek to teach believers through the Bible how to love God and love their neighbors as themselves. (Co. 1:28; Mt 22:37-40) We need to CONNECT TO COMMUNITY. We Send believers back into the world to share the story of how Jesus saved them. (Ro 10:13-15; Ac 1:8)
We seek our next Worship Director to join our team and participate in Connecting to Christ, Church, and Community.
The Director of Worship is responsible to the Senior Pastor for the development and promotion of the music ministry of the church. He or she shall work under the supervision of the Senior Pastor and look to him for direction in performing his or her duties. He or she will work closely with our Senior Pastor in cultivating worship services that glorify God, edify God's people, and inspire greater devotion to Christ.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Nurturing one’s soul and relationship with Jesus.
This is the first and most important responsibility the candidate will ever have. We place the connection to Christ first in our vision statement. This is because the greatest need of each person on the earth is a relationship with Jesus.
- Authentically loving, leading, and caring for the church family.
The Worship Director shall be a shepherd. He or she must genuinely love and care for the sheep God has entrusted to our church without partiality. We are looking for someone who loves building relationships with people and is willing to be an example to the church in word and action.
- Creating and cultivating a culture of worship in our congregation.
We desire to cultivate a culture of worship that is biblical, encouraging, and participatory.
- Planning of weekly Sunday services.
The candidate will work with the Senior Pastor and staff to plan and execute all aspects of the worship services.
- Choosing songs that engage the congregation and support preaching God’s Word.
Stylistically, the ideal candidate will be one who can lead worship, using piano/keyboard and guitar as the primary lead instrument.
- Model heartfelt worship and encourage the congregation to worship.
The worship experience sets the tone for everything we do in our Sunday service, so the candidate must be able to lead in a manner that connects people to Christ, encourages participation, and gives verbal exhortations to the congregation to worship the Lord.
- Recruiting, auditioning, and training singers and musicians.
The Worship Director should be training and equipping those who serve with him. He should be able to connect with the congregation to build and grow the worship team.
- Leading regular rehearsals for musicians and singers.
These rehearsals will assist in being prepared as a worship team and in spiritual formation as a group and individually.
- Oversee the technical aspects of worship (sound, lights, media, staging, etc).
The ideal candidate will have at least a working knowledge of sound, room dynamics, and how to get consistently great sound in the room. Experience with worship software. (ProPresenter, Ableton, Lighting Software, Video Production, etc.)
- Lead in a ministry area of giftedness, passion, and ability outside of music.
A secondary area of responsibility will be tailored to the candidate’s giftedness.
- A deep concern for the spiritual formation of the people of Pinecrest Baptist Church.
We are looking for someone who loves our church and is willing to entirely give himself to our vision: to help others connect to Christ, the Church, and the community.
- The candidate must be willing to be a servant to others.
Practically, this means he will be willing to serve at times and places outside of his direct area of ministry responsibility.
- Has strong vocal skills
- Ability to create a sound that is passionate, dynamic, and modern
- Proficiency in piano/keyboard and/or guitar
- Able to lead a team of musicians in the learning and performance of new songs
- Consistently demonstrates an engaging and passionate stage presence
When it comes to the leading of worship through song, the candidate will select and lead the congregation in music that is:
- Theologically sound
The Worship Director will select songs that reflect a healthy understanding of the Bible and Christian theology. He will work with the Senior Pastor to ensure that the “songs we preach” glorify God and are gospel-centered.
- Congregationally participatory
Engaging “stage presence” is not simply “doing a set” and moving from song to song. Incorporating Scripture, a brief word of encouragement, or testimony as appropriate.
Stylistically, the ideal candidate will possess a deep knowledge of current trends in congregational worship music and incorporate songs into Sunday gatherings. These songs should be easy to learn and can be integrated seamlessly into our worship services. The ideal candidate will possess an appreciation of Christian hymnody.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship
- An unbridled passion to lead God’s people in worship.
- Commitment to moral purity.
- Commitment to the vision of Pinecrest Baptist Church.
- Excellent people, leadership, and organizational skills.
- A track record of excellence as a worship leader.
- Ability to lead worship skillfully using guitar and piano/keyboard, solo and with accompanying musicians and singers.
- Be an example by supporting the total ministry of Pinecrest Baptist Church through attendance and verbal encouragement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completed or pursuing a degree in ministry, music, worship, or a related field.
- Prior experience as a worship leader in a church.
SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION
The Worship Director is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. The work schedule will consist of at least 40 hours per week, with specific work hours to be arranged and approved by the Senior Pastor.
Compensation commensurate with experience.